Friday, October 29, 2010

No electricity... again!

i might have gotten a heart attack if what happened yesterday actually choose to happen on the day before yesterday instead. 

the Telekom people were fixing some electric stuff at my area so there was a total of five power failures in one or maybe two days! first one was yesterday afternoon when i was not home, then another time during dinner, twice at night and the last time this morning around 6am! 

it was around 9.30pm when i was using the computer i felt the light behind me becoming dimmer for a second, and that happened a couple of times before the electricity totally went off. i actually thought there was something wrong with the light.

but luckily it came back pretty soon. then who knows at around 11pm blackout again! and this time it lasted longer... so my poor younger sister just gave up studying her chemistry and went to bed first. maybe it's like a punishment for us who study last minute?? 

still remember last time when i was last minute studying add maths, the electricity just suddenly failed on me! went to sleep too but couldn't really sleep feeling so unprepared zzz. 

and yesterday my sister was only at chapter 6 around 11pm. there're still chapter 7 8 9 to go! but i think i was more nervous than her!! she went to sleep after setting the alarm to 4am. when i asked her if she was nervous, she asked if i could fan her... zha dou! 


anyways i now feel super the extremely absolutely the completely incredibly GRATEFUL that it didn't happen the day before yesterday! because if it did, my MA would be soooo dead. not that it's very good also though,  19 markssssss T_T shouldn't think about it anymore until the paper comes back. 


someone told me this when the lights were out "enjoy the darkness, enjoy the surrounding, relax and calm your mind.. your world will still be colourful without the light.."; and i saw two of my neighbours driving out; one of the maids told my dad "sana masih ada api..." xD


suddenly thought this pen might be very useful for me if there happens to be no electricity again when i'm studying last minute... 


instead of darkness, my sister drew me something very cute to accompany me when i was still studying until very late last last night. i love her so much :)


and she added a face to the egg on my test pad too! all the heart-shaped noses inspired by Happy Tree Friends xD 


©©



*

the other day she was so happy cause she found this old cartoon she used to watch - Jellabies. she used to purposely wake me up in the morning to watch this with her. used to watch so many nice cartoons together last time! :D this was not one of my favourites though. 



*

ohyaa and she showed me pictures from the Nikon's Small World Photomicrography Competition. some of them that i find pretty interesting... 

Echinaster brasiliensis (starfish) embryo, four cell stage (60x)

Trout alevin (larva) (10x)

Paramecium caudatum fed with Congo red-stained yeast, living specimen (600x)

Ichneumon wasp compound eye and antenna base (40x)

Snowflake (16x)

Snowcrystal (snowflake) (40x)

*
two more weeks to submission of Business Law assignment, about four more weeks to finals! 

No comments: