Sunday, June 26, 2011

western hypnotising?

all this while i thought if you wanna test for ONLY your blood type, the doctors will ONLY prick your finger for few drops of blood.

until today when i stepped into the doctor's room and saw all the scary looking needles and tubes on his table. i even told him to make sure that he knows i ONLY need to test for my blood type (because one of the LUSU forms requires that info), and he reassured me that yes, it's not just pricking finger.

i think he could somehow see that i was really scared so he told me to put both my arms on the table, and he put his palm slightly above mine and moved in circular motion. asked me if i felt the heat. yes. then he did something with my finger and asked if i felt numb. not really. then i was supposed to transfer that numbness to the part where he's going to inject the needle. he even pinched both sides of my arm and asked me if i felt less painful on one side. err, not really actually xD

at the end of everything he told me he did the western hypnotising with me so i won't feel so pain. i'm not sure if it's plain psychological effect or it really worked. but it wasn't as painful as i thought la. almost didn't feel anything. only until after i left the room, it began to get slightly painful. 

am actually proud that i finally did my first blood test ever in my life. from now onwards i shan't make any big reaction when people talk about blood test anymore. 

but uugh headache @@ could it be the effect of losing blood? haha. 

No comments: