Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Friends.

i suddenly remembered when my sister and i were little, we used to always get very worried whenever our parents were out and not home yet. we would be waiting and waiting, wondering when they'll be home.

yesterday night, for some reasons, my parents and i were put through that situation of extreme anxiety. when we couldn't contact my brother for hours until 2.30am, not knowing what was happening. but that's not what i want to stress on here (just really grateful to find out that he was perfectly alright), something else i would remember very well from this situation was how one of his best friends stayed up with us to try all the possible ways to reach my brother. the things he did, how he was just as worried as us, really touched my heart. 

i like moments like this in my life. where i get reminded of how much a simple but true friendship can mean to us. where people just care for each other out of concern without hoping for anything in return. 

one can have countless friends. but how many are true? 

what then really defines a true friend? what happened to friendships that were once so true but not anymore. 

at times, i wonder if you still think of me like i do.